TMJ Partners is a financial recruiter for Japan and Asia for more than 15 years. Focused on Front Office Finance, Securities, Banking, Hedge Funds and Private Banking. Covering CEO, CAO, COO, CTO, CFO, CPA, Analyst, Marketer, Trader, Sales, Structuring, and Real Estate market positions in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Seoul.
Expanding Securities firm is looking for a Managing Director in its Investment Banking Department for Cross Border Merger & Acquisition advisory services.
* This role will concentrate on Japanese companies for inbound and outbound investment deals.
* One focus is on Japanese clients looking to sell small and mid cap companies to an Asia, Europe or US based investor.
* There are also cash rich Japanese clients looking overseas for growth markets. These clients are looking to acquire overseas distribution or manufacturing operations.
* The typical Japanese business owner has a high quality foreign asset, or solid business with technology value that does not have a second generation to take over the family firm.
* There is often a time limit to transactions due to the age of the business owner ahead of inheritance planning issues. This team will work in Tokyo, and Singapore.
* Top candidates will need a wide range of special situation skills from strategic planning, contract execution to post merger integration.
* The responsibilities include M&A strategies, screening of targeted companies, valuations of Equity & Debt, negotiations, performance confirmation of M&A conditions, and monitoring.
* Fluent Japanese and business English are needed. Additional language abilities in Mandarin, Korean, Indonesian or Thai would be very complimentary.
* More than 2+ years experience of cross border M&A executions, corporate finance and tax accounting would be complimentary.
For the latest updates on financial jobs and news on Japan & Asia, follow TMJ Partners for FREE on our LinkedIn company page. https://www.linkedin.com/company/tmjpartners